Terms of Reference
Hanoi, Son La, lao Cai and home based.
October 2020 – August 2021
60 days (approximately)
Deadline to apply
12 October 2020
With more than 30 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
Cowater International is seeking to recruit a highly qualified individual or organisation to support communications activities for the Aus4Equality|Gender Responsive Equitable Agriculture and Tourism (GREAT) Program.
The GREAT Program is a flagship initiative of the Australian aid program in Vietnam – it commenced in November 2017 and will run for five years (2017 to 2021). The Program seeks to promote women’s economic empowerment (WEE) in the ethnically diverse north-west region of Vietnam. The primary beneficiaries are women living in the provinces of Son La and Lao Cai, while an overarching emphasis is placed on the inclusion of women from ethnic minority communities as these provinces are home to twelve and twenty-six ethnic groups respectively.
The objectives of the Aus4Equality|GREAT Program are:
- Objective 1 – Empowering local women: Women living in local communities have increased capacity, space and choices to beneficially engage with agriculture and tourism businesses.
- Objective 2 – Inclusive businesses partnerships: Selected private sector actors within the agriculture and tourism sectors innovate to profitably and sustainably trade with more women entrepreneurs and operate in gender sensitive ways.
- Objective 3 – Improving sector governance and policy: Government agencies reinforce policies, and enact plans, regulations and services that enable more inclusive socio-economic development.
Key approaches applied by the program include: Market System Development (MSD), Adaptive Management, Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI), Women’s Economic Empowerment and Innovation. The Program is partnering with approximately 50 partners to deliver results, including private sector actors, governmental and non-governmental organisations, and research institutions.
To support GREAT’s communication objectives, we are seeking to recruit a Copywriter.
SUMMARY OF ASSIGNMENT
The Copywriter will provide engaging and impactful English and Vietnamese content for the Program’s communication channels including website, social media, mass media, newsletters, brochures and flyers to help create a high level of awareness of the GREAT Program with both beneficiaries and stakeholders and ensuring visibility of Australian Aid funding.
- Interview partners, beneficiaries and relevant stakeholders as necessary either as part of GREAT field trips or remotely.
- Develop content for the Program in English and Vietnamese including:
- Biographies of women leaders and beneficiaries for the GREAT Stories campaign
- Engaging articles covering major topics of interest for GREAT including women’s economic empowerment, GREAT’s tourism and agriculture activities, access to finance and innovation
- Leverage networks to generate coverage of articles produced via media channels
- 15 biographies of women leaders and beneficiaries (600-700 words edited)
- 20 articles covering major topics of GREAT (600-1000 words edited)
- Minimum five years direct experience in copywriting, communications and/or public relations.
- Experience working in the development sector within Vietnam or South East Asia.
- An understanding of women’s economic empowerment and the tourism and agriculture sectors is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality content to tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of English and Vietnamese.
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm (Hanoi time) 12 October 2020 specifying the position you are applying for in the email title. The proposal should include:
- Cover letter addressing the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages)
- An updated CV
- A portfolio of your copywriting work from the past three years
- A budget inclusive of any taxes with the daily rate clearly specified. Travel costs do not need to be budgeted.
The successful applicant will need to sign a contract that is compliant with Cowater International’s Head Contract with the Australian Government including the full copyright ownership of all deliverables from this assignment.
For more opportunities, please visit our website at http://equality.aus4vietnam.org/vacancies-at-great/ or facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Aus4EqualityGREAT/
Women and people of minority groups are encouraged to apply.