Request for Expressions of Interest – External Auditor
DEADLINE to apply: 8th September 2020
The Aus4Equality|GREAT Program (the “Program”) is a flagship initiative of the Australian aid program in Vietnam which commenced in November 2017 and runs until December 2021. The Program is inviting Expressions of Interest (EOI) for an Auditing Firm to execute auditing services for the fiscal years 2019 (Q3/2018 – June 2019) , 2020 (July 2019 – June 2020), 2021 (July 2020 – Sept 2021) of its grant partners who are implementing projects in Lao Cai and Son La provinces.
Specific Objectives of the Audit Service:
- Examination of the financial regularity, through the control and evaluation of the exactness, exhaustiveness and fairness of the various accounting transactions, either in full or by sampling, according to needs and risk evaluation (before and during the course of the audit).
- Examination of the conformity with project objectives and observance of the contract conditions, through the control and evaluation of transactions, expenditures and receipts compared to the basic project documents (project description, program activities, contracts, budgets, etc.).
- Examination of the economical conduct of business and effective use of financial resources, through the control and evaluation of:
- a) minimization of the cost of the resources utilized for the activities, always ensuring an appropriate quality and no budget line over spent; and
- b) comparison of expenditures with corresponding budget positions and the control and evaluation of any explanations for divergences.
- Examination of the appropriateness, the relevance and functioning of the Internal Control System in accordance with the program Partnership Agreement and internal control documentation of the Partner, through the control and evaluation of the:
- a) internal organisation (structures, functions, tasks, authority, responsibilities, methods, procedures, etc.);
- b) existence, respect and application of laws, regulations and instructions:
- c) protection of resources and assets:
- d) prevention of errors and fraud; and
- e) quality and viability of the information system and the reporting.
- In conducting the audit, special attention should be paid to check and collect evidence of fraud, corruption, and/or misuse of funding, if any.
The Audit Firm shall conduct the audit in compliance with the International Standards on Auditing (ISA).
- Legally established company governed by private law in the field of auditing.
- At least five (05) years of experience in auditing.
- Annual turnover of at least 150,000 AUD.
- A minimum of three (03) audit contracts implemented during the last five (05) years with contract values of over 100,000 AUD each.
Minimum Personnel Proposed for the Contract
01 Audit Director, 01 Audit Manager, 01 Senior Auditor and 04 Auditors
- Maximum budget for the audit service is 200,000 AUD for the audit of 2019, 2020 and 2021 financial years.
- Sub-contracting is not accepted.
- The first contract shall be signed for the audit of 2019’s financial year (from beginning of projects until 30 June 2020) and be extended subject to and conditional upon satisfactory completion of the first audit.
This Expression of Interest is limited to audit firms that are registered in Vietnam. GREAT Program is not liable for any costs incurred by individuals/firms in relation to their application.
The TOR and application form can be made available to any interested companies by emailing email@example.com with “GREAT External Audit Service” as the subject.
Applications must be completed in English and received by 5pm Hanoi time, Tuesday 8th Sepstember 2020 to the email address below.
Only shortlisted firms will be invited to submit a full proposal.