Digital Transformation Consultant/s
Hanoi, Lao Cai and Son La
December 2022 – June 2023 (estimated 24 days)
December 10, 2022
With more than 35 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specialising in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 2500 projects in more than 95 countries around the globe for clients such as DFID, DFAT Australia, the European Union, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organisations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies from 2017 to 2021.
GREAT is a flagship initiative of the Australian aid program. The program promotes women’s economic empowerment (WEE) in the ethnically diverse north-west region of Vietnam, through the integration of a market systems development (MSD) approach.
The primary beneficiaries are women living in the provinces of Son La and Lao Cai, while an overarching emphasis is placed on the inclusion of women from ethnic minority communities as these provinces are home to twelve and twenty-six ethnic groups respectively.
The objectives of the Aus4Equality|GREAT Program are:
- Objective 1 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women living in Son La and Lao Cai, have improved economic benefits.
- Objective 2 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women living in Son La and Lao Cai, have increased confidence and social status, including more balanced workloads and greater decision making within the home, workplace, and community.
- Objective 3 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women and household members living in Son La and Lao Cai benefit from more gender responsive, inclusive, and effective provincial and national policies, plans, strategies, and programs.
Our approach to women’s economic empowerment focuses on:
- Reach: Engaging women in all project activities and addressing barriers to participation.
- Benefit: Improve women’s access to assets, financial services and support services.
- Empower: Strengthen the ability of women to make strategic life choices and put these into action.
The program is entering its second five-year phase and GREAT 2 will continue its focus on agriculture and tourism, identifying specific sectors that lend themselves to opportunities for women’s economic empowerment and work with multiple stakeholders to address constraints, generate opportunities, drive market growth and increase productive value of the sector. Cross-sector strategies of women’s leadership and entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, digital inclusion, policy advocacy and behaviour change will complement the sector strategies.
To support the transition into the second phase, Cowater is seeking the services of an experienced Digital Transformation consultant/s to support the due diligence of digital inclusion proposals.
SUMMARY OF THE ASSIGNMENT
Reporting to the Deputy Team Leader and working closely with other GREAT staff, the Digital Transformation will conduct due diligence to assess the technical feasibility of proposals related to digital inclusion and business transformation. The digital inclusion intervention aims at improving foundation digital skills and its usages for people involved GREAT production groups and service groups in the agriculture and tourism. The digital business transformation interventions will support micro, small and medium sizes business to apply digital business models and digital business transformation plan for improve business efficiencies.
- In conjunction with the GREAT team, develop a due diligence assessment framework for proposal on digital inclusion and transformation.
- To provide inputs for mission plan with the GREAT team, develop a mission plan for selected proposals .
- Conduct the due diligence assessment of digital inclusion partners including interviews with partner management, relevant stakeholders (eg. government, service providers and businesses).
- Prepare a due diligence assessment report that will cover:
- Technical feasibility, relevance of proposed approach and potential risks
- Clear recommendations on whether the investment should proceed and any modifications of scope or approaches to maximise the impact on businesses and women and to enhance sustainability
- Key risks and potential mitigation measures
- Capacity building needs of lead partner and other partners
- To develop measurement tools for GREAT to steer partners performance for improved digital inclusion and digital business transformation.
- Due diligence assessment framework
- Mission plan
- Due diligence assessment reports
- Proposed tools to measure GREAT partners performance on digital inclusion and transformation.
- An excellent understanding of digital inclusion and digital transformation.
- Exposure to the agribusiness and tourism sectors and market-based approaches to development.
- A minimum 10 years relevant work experience, including experience with similar assignments.
- Relevant university qualifications, preferably at Master’s Degree level, in IT, business,
- Strong written and spoken communication skills in Vietnamese
- Experience working with ethnic minority communities in northwest Vietnam is an advantage.
- An understanding of inclusion principles and approaches of working with people with disabilities is preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5 pm, 10 December 2022. Please indicate in the subject “Application for Digital Transformation Consultant/s”. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however, only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter responding to the selection criteria.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Contact details of three referees.
Cowater is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people with a disability, and people from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.