COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING SPECIALIST
Looking for a challenging and exciting new role that could really make a difference? Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative and experienced expert in communications, marketing and branding to support and help create a high impact profile for our socio-economic development initiative – Aus4Equality|Gender-Responsive Equitable Agriculture and Tourism (GREAT Program) – working to support ethnic minority women and men in northwest Vietnam .
Who we are
With more than 35 years of experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specialising in international development. We have managed the implementation of over 2500 projects in more than 95 countries around the globe for clients such as FCDO UK, DFAT Australia, the European Union, the World Bank and Global Affairs Canada. We work with governments, partner organisations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, economic and environmental impacts.
Cowater is recruiting a highly qualified professional as Communications Specialist to support a socio-economic development initiative – Aus4Equality|Gender-Responsive Equitable Agriculture and Tourism (GREAT Program) in Vietnam.
The objectives of the Aus4Equality|GREAT Program are:
Objective 1 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women living in Son La and Lao Cai, have improved economic benefits.
Objective 2 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women living in Son La and Lao Cai, have increased confidence and social status, including more balanced workloads and greater decision-making within the home, workplace, and community.
Objective 3 – Women, particularly ethnic minority women and household members living in Son La and Lao Cai benefit from more gender-responsive, inclusive, and effective provincial and national policies, plans, strategies, and programs.
The program is now entering its second five-year phase and GREAT 2 will continue its focus on agriculture and tourism, identifying specific sectors that lend themselves to opportunities for women’s economic empowerment and work with multiple stakeholders to address constraints, generate opportunities, drive market growth and increase productive value of the sector.
A priority for the second phase is to consolidate, capture and communicate the program’s results and, in particular, how and where sustainable change has been realized. The Communications Specialist will be integral to this agenda, supporting both day-to-day communications activities as well as facilitating the identification, planning, development and delivery of a series of high-impact communication events and products throughout the second phase.
The role will involve working both internal and external stakeholders in order to generate valid content and positive coverage for the Program. The Communications Specialist will be expected to prepare a wide range of high quality communications material, and help capture information from partners/stakeholders for knowledge products and communications activities, and ensuring that all products are professionally edited and formatted, compliant, and utilizing best practice in communications and dissemination efforts.
- Develop and deliver on a rolling annual Communications Plan in consultation with the Senior Management Team.
- Manage the Aus4Equality|GREAT website as well as the communications module on the Program’s Management Information System.
- Actively create content and manage Aus4Equality|GREAT social media platforms (in particular Facebook and LinkedIn).
- Produce a quarterly electronic newsletter to update stakeholders on the Program’s activities and achievements.
- Lead and/or facilitate the development of high quality technical communications material (e.g. brochures and briefings, videos, project reports, case studies and factsheets)
- Proactively engage and support media to generate positive coverage of the Program.
- Capture information from partners/stakeholders for communications purposes.
- Advise and manage the service of external contractors – when required – on creative techniques or mixed media approaches to communicating technical concepts, program’s results and sustainable changes.
- Manage interactive joint-learning activities, networking events and thematic workshops as required.
Who you are:
You are an experienced individual in communication area who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- A minimum of 5 years directly relevant experience in communications and/or relevant field (e.g. journalism).
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and practice of marketing and communications.
- Proficiency using graphic design software such as InDesign.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Experience in establishing and managing relations with media.
- Experience managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise tasks under time pressure.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse stakeholders, and to motivate and encourage other team members to contribute to the communications agenda.
- Enthusiasm, commitment to learning, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- University degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- An understanding of gender and women’s economic empowerment is an advantage.
What we offer you:
An open environment where you can grow and develop yourself and:
- Working with a brilliant, diverse and highly motivated team;
- A one-year full-time contract with possibility for extension up to 4 years;
- 40-hour working week;
- 18 annual leaves and 12 sick leaves;
- A full package of supplemental health insurance for you and your family;
- A scheme salary of up to 14 months;
- Frequent travel to the beautiful mountainous project areas in Lao Cai and Son La.
Candidates are encouraged to apply no later than 5 pm Hanoi Time (GMT+7), 5th June 2023 by sending applications to email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject “Application for Communications Specialist”. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however, only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
Applications must include:
- A cover letter responding to the selection criteria.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- A recent example of your written (English) work
- Contact details of three referees.
Cowater is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people with a disability, and people from minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply. We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.