Terms of Reference
Information Technology (IT)/management Information System (MIS) Administrator (Part time)
Period of Assignment:
April 2020 – March 2021 (with a possible 9 month extension)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Manager
Founded in 1985, Cowater International has built a global reputation for excellence in the world of management consulting in international development. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with experience in more than 65 countries, Cowater International has established itself as Canada’s leading management consulting firm in international development. Our clients include the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Global Affairs Canada, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and many more. Join our team and be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team who is passionate about development and achieving sustainable results.
Cowater is recruiting an IT/MIS Administrator to support the Aus4Equality/Gender Responsive Equitable Agriculture and Tourism (GREAT) program, funded through the Australian Aid Program in Vietnam. The Program aims to increase women’s economic participation and decision-making through improved access to markets and more effective engagement in the agriculture and tourism value chains in ethnic minority regions of North-West Vietnam.
The Program has set up an online MIS on an Amazon-hosted cloud server. The system has been used for partner workplanning and reporting and to generate evidence for progress monitoring and strategic decision making.
Statement of Duty:
The IT/MIS Administrator will work collaboratively and creatively as part of a dynamic Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) team to ensure that an online database functions effectively and is customised to generate useful information for evidence-based decision making.
The IT/MIS Administrator will work with the IT company to develop and maintain the MIS for the Program. The position will also advise and carry out necessary IT and database development tasks and ensure the online database is functional, up-to-date and the necessary information can be retrieved.
· Operate and maintain the online database
· Train and support the Program partners, Program team and relevant stakeholders to use the online database properly
· Follow up with partners and the GREAT team to ensure data is being entered
· Generate data and reports from the database based on user request
· Advise on improvements to the MIS to be more useful for the Program and partners
· Update and make basic customisations to the MIS when required
· Develop online survey databases to support MERL requirements
· Support GREAT reporting by visualising reported data
· Appraise data quality on an ongoing basis
· Support the MERL team with other tasks as required
· Relevant experience in configuring and maintaining an online database and IT system.
· Ability to write open source codes to make necessary customisations of the MIS.
· Experience working with international organisations or international development projects to develop similar databases is highly preferable
· Excellent Vietnamese communication skills and basic English language skills to carry out the role
· Relevant qualifications
Interested candidates are invited to send application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the Job title in the subject line.
Application should include:
+ A cover letter including a response to each of the selection criteria
+ A detailed Curriculum Vitae
+ Contact of 03 referees
Deadline of submission: 5pm, 11 April 2020
For more opportunities, please visit our website at http://equality.aus4vietnam.org/vacancies-at-great/ or facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Aus4EqualityGREAT/
Women, and people of minority groups, are encouraged to apply.